This is my bookshelf. That's a bit of a misnomer, since I post all sorts of media that I've read or watched here. Any work listed below is something that I found good enough to be worth recommending to others. I update the list from the top, so the first item on every list is the most recent thing in that respective category I felt was worth sharing. Books or films that enjoy a significant degree of broad popularity typically won't be listed, even if I found them to be excellent.
I was not asked nor did I receive any compensation for sharing the media that I have listed here.
- America is Not the Heart (2018) by Elaine Castillo
- The Undocumented Americans (2020) by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio
- The Sympathizer (2015) by Viet Thanh Nguyen [review]
- Being-in-the-Room Privilege: Elite Capture and Epistemic Deference by Olúfémi Táíwò
- Black Study, Black Struggle by Robin D. G. Kelley
- The Tyranny of Structurelessness by Jo Freeman
- Trashing: The Dark Side of Sisterhood by Jo Freeman
- The Half of It (2020), written and directed by Alice Wu [review]
- Queen and Slim (2019), written by Lena Waithe and James Frey, directed by Melina Matsoukas
- Mudbound (2017), written by Dee Rees and Virgil Williams, directed by Dee Rees, based on the novel by Hillary Jordan